well... we're entering a new time warp! it's dark later in the morning... it's dark well before i return home at night... that affects me big time. further, dad's starting to hallucinate at night... 3 times over a weeks time, he's gotten up in the morning talking about things that are happening during the night. he's losing sleep and it's showing. time to get ahold of the doc to see what's next. i cringe as i know it'll mean yet one more pill and the symptoms that go along with it's ingestion.
mom looks at me with deer in the headlights when these conversations come up in the morning... i assured her this is normal for alz, yet it catches her unprepared to deal. with both parents going thru changes, neither can keep up with the others issues as their journeys are so personal and upfront in their own minds. two people, two different challenges, two different directions to go, two different demeanors, two different agendas. wouldn't it be a treat if once both were on the same cruiseline!!
dad is ready to travel and see family up north again-- he stated he would be ready to go at 8am tomorrow. once again, having to shut down his plans, i find myself feeling the same feelings i would if my child did something i have to address as confidently and firm as possible.... a tricky thing our minds-- this is my father sitting in front of me, not my child... this disease is terribly unfair.
warp on....
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I am so sorry both your parents are having problems. I know its hard to say no to a trip for your dad or to add another pill into his system but its what needs to be done. Its not right that we have to do it no, but it is all we have. Take care friend.
by the way I really like your blog but for some reason I forget to come read it. I hope to change that! I remember when I would post for a full month and nobody would respond. I now appreciate so much that after just a day I get more then 3 responses! I would like to return the favor as much as I can. :)
I know it sucks doesn't it? I really admire you dealing with issues for both parents. Must be very hard and it sounds like mom looks for you to have the answers regarding dad. It's a tough road you travel.
Please know that I am praying for you as you face these daily challenges!
Post a Comment